Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Give Me the Lottery Instead

Ok, ok. I take the whole Typhoon trifecta thing back. Shortly after being a wise-ass in this blog Tokyo was "ROCKED" by a 6.5 Earthquake. Let's just forget about the whole Tsunami thing please...

Actually, I thought somebody was kicking my chair until Toshi stopped me from yacking and said "do you feel that?". Pissed off because I thought someone was about to knock me over I said "YEEAHHH!". It lasted approximately 15 seconds we were in some little heap of a building that should have come down in a pile of concrete and rebar. At least I would have had Saki in one hand and a fried Japanese Kabob in the other. ;)

Needless to say I have now checked something else off my list of things I want to experience (like the time I fell off an expressway overpass). I wonder if CNN or Fox News is calling it the "Shakedown of 2005" or "Earthquake: Reloaded". These blogs are like the magic 8-ball when it comes to predicting the future. Pure Evil!

I'm just glad I wasn't playing Pachinko at the time. I could have scattered those darn balls all over the place. Do you think CNN would have called that story "Man Loses Balls" or maybe "Balls of Steel: Shaken AND Stirred"? Where is that Anderson Cooper guy when you need him most?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about CNN or Fox News, but the quake did make it on Yahoo!. ;)

Anonymous said...

From the Yahoo! coverage on the quake - "A woman in Ibaraki cut her nose after falling out of her bed..." This Ibaraki woman must have a bed that is much larger than your size-10.5-shoe bed.

Anonymous said...

She either has a larger bed or she got attacked by her massive robot toilet and falling out of bed is just the cover story ;)