Monday, October 17, 2005

Stumbling out of the starting block

My first post. Sitting in the "Red Carpet Club" at O'Hare. Enjoying my $6 internet access and "fake" machine made Mocha Latte.

Getting ready to leave was interesting. I picked out 7 DVD's to bring along on the trip only to find out that this notebook only has a CD-ROM. Wee! I'm in store for 13 hours and 10 minutes worth of deep contemplation. They do have movies on the plane (built into your seat). I can watch great movies like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Kicking and Screaming (got a D- rating in Entertainment Weekly), Fantastic Four, Dr. Dolitte, Babe (ya gotta love a pig that can talk) and some other "chick flick" called The Wedding Date. I was going to watch The Matrix Trilogy back-to-back followed by Braveheart and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Now it looks like I am going to get in touch with my softer side. If only they had Under the Tuscan Sky and How Stella got Her Groove back my movie selection would be complete. ;)

I borrowed my Mom and Dad's digital camera for the trip. I had a heckuva time getting it to work (a formatting issue). I took a few pictures of the family and figured that I was all set for my digital travelogue. I took one picture at O'Hare and the battery died. :( To add insult to injury, it was a picture of Toilet instructions. I found it amusing that the company used the word Integrity in their tagline. Do you need integrity in the sanitary toilet seat business? I'll have plenty of time to ponder that one.

I also left my jeans on top of the dryer and forgot to bring my "Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR" book. Sorry Tim. The real question I have is can I buy clothing in Japan? Do they have pants with anything more than a size 25 leg? We'll see! I'll either find them, or be the crazy american man with capri pants. heh.

Alaina tore at my heart strings last night. Begged me to not go, said she couldn't make it without me. It makes you happy to know that you have such an impact on your children but MAN was that was that hard! Evan was less affected. He just wanted his "Sibby" (sippy cup). Oh well, guys are uncaring bastards aren't they?

Alas it is time for me to go. It would be dumb to sit here typing and then immediately get on my long flight. I think I'm going to go run up and down the escalator (the wrong way) to tire myself out. I should also figure out this whole International Flight thing. My passport picture makes me look like an International pimp or drug smuggler ;) Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, it's Under the Tuscan Sun :P

Joe Force said...

Sun, sky. Same thing isn't it. ;)