Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Still haven't caught a Kangaroo


I still haven't seen, or more importantly, caught a Kangaroo. There is a controversy in Australia right now as a rowdy rugby team "used Quokkas as missles". I asked around and a Quokka is a tiny kangaroo. I vow to not use any Kangaroo, Wallaby or Quokka as a missle (when I catch one!).

One thing that is hard for me to get used to down here is the sound of birds down here. When you walk through the parks, it sounds like you are in a pet store. I chased a flock (8-10) of Cockatoo's with my iPhone (they really need a zoom feature) but all I got was this picture.
I was venturing back to my hotel around dusk and saw the largest bats I have ever seen. I pondered what I would compare them to as I don't want to exaggerate their actual size, but I would say they are as big as a large crow, or small hawk. I'm happy that we have our little mouse sized bats in Michigan.


No comments: