Monday, November 26, 2007

All American's eat...

When flying into another country, you always have to fill out a card asking how long you're staying in the country, if you're carrying any illicit drugs, had any relations with chickens in rural China, etc.


One of the questions that they seem to be particularly tough on is whether you have brought food from another country. Fully expecting to get my bags searched, I waited in line so I could go through the search. Right before the line split into multiple "search" aisles, a woman approached me. The conversation went something (or exactly) like this:


Agent: Where are you from?

Joe: The United States.

Agent: Did you bring any food with you?

Joe: Nope!

Agent: You didn't bring any food items, like, um, Beef Jerky?

Joe: Nope!

Agent: Have a nice day, please move to the exit.


Beef Jerky?! I mean, I was happy that I didn't have to get my bags searched, but did this lady really expect I'd pull out a big bag of Beef Jerky? May I had it concealed in my 10 gallon hat.



Note to Americans: Australians don't hate Americans, they hate George Bush.

Note to Americans: Australians will take every opportunity to tell you they like Americans, but hate George Bush. ;)


On another note, I am learning Australian. Although all this talk may make me seem like a gas bag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't order a Fosters there. Apparently, only foreigners drink Fosters.

Have a good time!

JP